The Economic and Youth Council devised by former President Yameen Abdul Gayoom, has been renamed to Economic Council. President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih has appointed members, on Wednesday, to the newly branded Economic Council and Social Council as well.
President Solih will be looking after the policies of the Economic Council according to the President’s Office. Ali Shiyam, who was appointed as the co-chair of the Economic Council, is also the Minister of the President’s Office.
The policies of the Social Council will be looked after by Vice President Faisal Naseem. Minister of Education Dr. Mustafa Luthfee was appointed as the co-chair of the Social Council.
1. Minister of President’s Office - Ali Shiyam (Co-Chair)
2. Minister of Finance and Treasury - Ibrahim Ameer
3. Minister of National Planning and Infrastructure - Mohamed Aslam
4. Minister of Communication - Mohamed Maleeh Jamaal
5. Minister of Transport - Aishath Nahula
6. Minister of Tourism - Ali Waheed
7. Minister of Economic Development - Fayyaz Ismail
8. Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture - Zaha Waheed
9. Minister of Housing and Urban Development - Aminath Athifa
10. Minister of Environment- Dr. Hussein Rasheed Hassan
1. Advisor on Social Policy - Dr. Mustafa Luthfee (Co-Chair)
2. Minister of Home Affairs - Imran Abdulla
3. Minister of Higher Education - Dr. Ibrahim Hassan
4. Minister of Health - Abdullah Ameen
5. Minister of Education - Dr. Aishath Ali
6. Minister of Arts and Culture - Yumna Maumoon
7. Minister of Islamic Affairs - Dr. Ahmed Zahir
8. Minister of Youth and Sports - Ahmed Mahloof
9. Minister of Gender - Shidhatha Shareef