Bank of Maldives (BML) has announced winners of the proposals submitted under the banks "Community Fund" initiative submitted in the second quarter of 2022.
BML said that five of the best projects submitted will receive financial assistance under the project.
- Proposal submitted by Club New Friends to establish a fishing facility in Himandhoo, Alifu Alifu Atoll.
- Proposal submitted by Revolutionary Bodufolhudhoo Generation to install RO machines and water dispensers at Bodufolhudhoo School, Alifu Alifu Atoll.
- Proposal submitted by Neykurendhoo Development to establish a fishing facility in Neykurendhoo, Haa Dhaalu Atoll.
- Proposal submitted by Fenfushi Zuvaanunge Dhirun to develop a preschool park in Fenfushi, Alifu Dhaalu Atoll.
- Proposal submitted by Island Social and Sports Association to establish a fishing facility in Hulhudheli, Dhaalu Atoll.
BML's Community Fund provides financial assistance to projects planned for islands by non-profit organizations. The Fund selects five proposals each quarter and provides financial support of MVR 50,000 for each project.
BML has so far provided financial assistance to 70 projects under their Community Fund initiative, while 10 more projects will be supported this year.