The Edition

Latest

Fire breaks out at Villingili Police accommodation

02 December 2018, MVT 12:48
Fire at police accommodation block in GA. Villingili.
02 December 2018, MVT 12:48

A fire broke out at G.A Villingili Police accommodation block on early Sunday morning causing two injuries.

According to a Police media official, the fire was reported at approximately 1 am on early Sunday causing significant structural damages to the accommodation block. In addition, he stated that while one suffered from burns, the other’s shoulder got dislocated during the incident.

“The medics do not classify the burnt victim as being a serious case. The other one, dislocated his shoulders while trying to escape the accommodation block,” reported the Police media official.

According to the Police spokesperson, the two Police officers who were injured were first treated at the G.A Atoll Hospital, before being transported to Addul Samad Memorial Hospital in Thinadhoo. Furthermore, he added that preparations are made to transfer the two injured officers to receive medical treatment in the Capital city, Male’.

According to witnesses’ report to Mihaaru, the fire broke out at the room which accommodated the two injured officers although the cause of the fire was believed to be due to an electrical fault. The fire was eventually suppressed before the morning prayers.

“The fire broke out at the room, spreading to the entire building before we were able to control it. The entire building were in ruins before we were able to put out the fire,” said a witness.

Reports suggest that the building accommodated 10 people although only two officers were in the building during the incident.

MORE ON NEWS