781 students graduated from the Maldives National University (MNU) on Sunday evening.
The graduation ceremony was held over the newly completed Sinamale’ Bridge, which connects capital Male and airport island Hulhule. While 361 students graduated with qualifications ranging from degrees to masters, a total of 781 students graduated with certificate level qualifications up to masters.
The top five graduates who attained the highest scores were awarded the prestigious presidential award:
- Fathimath Aathira (Masters of Dhivehi Language and Culture)
- Aiminath Samha Abdul Razzaq (Bachelor of Teaching Secondary)
- Mohamed Riyaz (Masters of Education, Dhivehi Language Teaching)
- Ahmed Abdul Matheen (Masters of Law)
- Aishath Rasheed (Masters of Business Administration)
The graduation was honoured by Minister of Education Aishath Shiham, who stated that the graduates must find their path to give back to society, the country and how they can utilize their knowledge to greater benefit humanity.
She added that the education, talent and wisdom that the graduates have received should be used to bring about effective change regarding the pertaining issues faced by the country.
According to the minister, it is important for the graduates to envision the changes they wish to see, while they actively engage in society.