Bank of Maldives (BML) has announced the winners of its Small Grants Fund.
The fund was introduced as part of the series of 12 high impact monthly community initiatives to celebrate the Bank’s 40th anniversary in November.
The Small Grants Fun supports local non-government organisations (NGOs) to implement community-based projects. These projects, according to BML, should address environmental issues while also enhancing livelihoods for sustainable development.
The winners will receive a grant of MVR 250,000, to implement their proposed plans.
The eight winners are:
01. Maldives Ocean Plastic Alliance (MOPA)
02. Huvadhoo Association for Tourism (HAT)
03. Vaadhoo Association for Future Development (VAFD)
04. Kumundhoo Revival Initiative (Kurevi)
05. Women in Fuvahmulah
06. Small Island Research Group
07. Huvadhoo Aid
08. Kihaadhoo Development Society (KIDS)