Judicial Service Commission (JSC) disclosed on Sunday that the Chief Magistrate of Kanduhulhudhoo, Gaafu Alif Atoll, Hassan Didi is currently under investigation for seven different allegations.
According to JSC, Hassan Didi is accused of:
1. Sexually harassing court staff and forcing employees to behave in violation of the Public Finance Act
2. Verbally abuse and usage of foul language
3. Showing pornography and inappropriate videos to court staff
4. Using the court's finances and assets for personal gain
5. Obstructing the collection of witness statements
6. Encouraging gang violence
7. A second case filed over the usage of obscenities
The judicial watchdog stated that JSC received official complaints over Kanduhulhudhoo's Cheif Magistrate on April 24, 2019, and has since been under investigation over the aforementioned allegations.
Hassan Didi was summoned to JSC's committee on July 18 and July 23 last year as part of the investigation. During these meetings, the commission suspended him until the conclusion of the probe.
In addition, JSC declared that a case was submitted to Maldives Police Service on October 30, 2019, after the investigation uncovered criminal acts.
Police launched a probe into the magistrate the following day. With this development, JSC extended Hassan Didi's suspension indefinitely.
Judicial Service Commission assured that JSC's preparation of the investigative report following the probe into Hassan Didi is now in its final stages.