Red Bull Winning 5, a five-man futsal tournament, commenced its fifth edition in February 2020.
Notably, this year's competition will include the first female and expatriate qualifier in the tournament's history as well as the greatest number of qualifiers.
A total of 26 qualifiers are being held across Maldives, including 11 matches in the Greater Male' region, 14 in islands and one match in a resort.
One winner from each qualifier will progress to the national finals scheduled for June 6 at Hulhumale’ Youth Park. However, the female and expatriate qualifiers will be considered distinct tournaments with separate sets of winners.
The champions and runner-up teams will win cash prizes of MVR 50,000 and MVR 25,000 respectively, as well as medals and trophies. Winning prizes for the female and expat qualifier are yet to be finalised.
Red Bull Winning 5 is an intense 10-minute Futsal tournament between two teams of five players each. The competition has its own unique rules, and gives local teams an opportunity to compete and showcase their talents.
- One and Only Reethi Rah Resort: February 16
- Hanimaadhoo, Haa Dhaalu Atoll: February 28
- Kulhudhuffushi, Haa Dhaalu Atoll: February 29
- Gan, Laamu Atoll: February 29
- Thinadhoo, Gaaf Dhaalu: March 5
- Vilufushi, Thaa Atoll: March 6
- Thimarafushi, Thaa Atoll: March 7
- Eydhafushi, Baa Atoll: March 12
- Maafushi, Kaafu Atoll: March 14
- Hoarafushi, Haa Alif Atoll: March 14
- Fuvahmulah City: March 20
- Madifushi, Thaa Atoll: March 20
- Hirilandhoo, Thaa Atoll: March 21
- Male’ City 1: March 26
- Male’ City 2: March 27
- Male’ City 3: March 28
- Male’ City 4: April 2
- Ihavandhoo, Haa Alif Atoll: April 2
- Male City’ 5: April 3
- Male’ City 6: April 4
- Male’ City 7: April 9
- Male’ City 8: April 10
- Villimale’: April 11
- Addu City: April 18
A date between April 18 and June 6 will be finalised and announced for the female and expat qualifiers.
In 2019, Red Bull Winning 5 returned for its fourth edition since 2015, following two consecutive years of hosting Neymar Jr’s Five.
A total of 1,617 players from 233 teams participated in 19 qualifiers and 396 matches during the 2019 tournament, marking the highest number of players, teams and qualifiers in Red Bull Winning 5's history in Maldives.
The fourth edition also marked the first time a team from outside Greater Male’ won the tournament. The title was taken by team PUBG from Hoarafushi, Haa Alif Atoll.