As the year 2019 draws to a close, The Edition shares feature articles that we, as a team, believe made a significant mark this year.
The Edition celebrated its first anniversary this year, and having definitively moved past the launching phase, our team was able to concentrate more on delivering news reports, artistic features and opinion editorials on various topics of interest and importance in the Maldives.
As we usher in the beginning of a new decade, our editorial hand-picked a few articles that mark pivotal moments for our writers, and the community that we live in:
1. 2019: A historic year for Maldivian sportsmanship by Mariyam Malsa
2. Traditional game fishing to get you hooked by Shahudha Mohamed
4. The Suite Life: Summer Island by Ahmed Aiham
5. 'Time to experience tea in the 21st Century': Dilmah Tea CEO Dilhan C Fernando by Nafaahath Ibrahim
6. Isle Be Visiting S.Hulhumeedhoo by Fathmath Shaahunaz
7. Women’s Day, Produced by Rae, Directed by Amany
9. Why Maldives should declare a climate emergency IMMEDIATELY by Rae Munavvar
Though these pieces have set the bar high for the year 2020, we at The Edition share a vision to do even better. Having welcomed new faces to our team, and invested further in all aspects driving our publication, we are ready to showcase to you, our readership, the very best of our investigative and creative talent, consistently and continually.
This year, gear up for an even bigger, better version of our news - strengthened by fearless, tenacious voices that articulate with passion and clarity.
Here’s hoping that the new year brings a prosperous decade for Maldives and excellence on all fronts. The Edition wishes our loyal readership across the globe, a wonderful 2020.