Bank of Maldives (BML) on Saturday announced that the bank will be opening selected branches and service centre to provide services that are not available via online or self-service banking from June 8 onwards.
As per a press release by the bank, with the easing of lockdown to combat global pandemic COVID-19, selected centres will be open every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 0930 hours to 1400 hours.
- Main Branch, Hulhumale' Branch, Vilimale Branch and BML Islamic Male' Branch
1. Cash transactions unavailable via Self-Service Banking Centers: Cash withdrawals above MVR 25,000, cash deposits above MVR 500,000 for businesses and above MVR 100,000 for personal accounts
2. Verification of applications which requires customers to visit the branch: Personal Information update and Internet banking application
3. Cheque book application and collection
4. Returned cheque collection
5. Bank guarantees
6. Account opening and card collection at Hulhumale’ and Vilimale’ branches
7. Account opening, card collection and applications for personal and business financing at BML Islamic.
- Account Opening Center (Male' Square):
1. Opening for personal customers
- Loan Center (Male' Square):
1. Services related to Lifestyle loans, Kiyavaa loan, Home loans and Home Construction loan.
- Male’ Business Centre Hulhumale’ Business Centre:
1. Account Opening for businesses
2. Loan applications for businesses
Customer Service Centre (CSC)
1. Card collection
Additionally, BML stated that to adhere to the social distancing guidelines and safety measures announced by the Health Protection Agency (HPA), a limited number of customers will be served through pre-booked appointments.
Customers can make appointments the day before each working day through the bank's appointment portal or by SMS.
Detailing on how to make appointments, the bank said that an to make an appointment via the portal, which is available on their website, customers need to select the branch or service centre and submit a request.
For the SMS option, a message needs to be sent to 455 with the following details, each typed in a new line:
- Keyword for branch or service centre
- Customers National Identity Card number or Passport number in case of foreigners
- Name of customer
- Customers current address
In both cases, once the appointment is confirmed, Maldives Police Service will send a permit to the customer via an SMS, to visit the bank.
BML highlighted that customers are required to wear a mask, bring their own pen, make use of hand sanitizers placed and adhere to strict social distancing by using distancing markers places on the floor.