Telecommunications giant Ooredoo Maldives, on Sunday, extended the deadline to submit applications for the post of Director on the company's Board of Directors.
All interested individuals are requested to present their application form along with required documents prior to 1000 hrs of January 25, 2020.
The application form can be obtained from the website https://www.ooredoo.mv/investors/ or collected at Ooredoo's head office in the capital city of Male’, from 0830 hrs to 0430 hrs on weekdays.
Forms must be submitted to the head office in a sealed envelope labelled 'Application for Director' or sent via an e-mail to email@example.com
As per the announcement made by Ooredoo on December 29, 2019, applicants for the position of Director should meet the following requirements:
- Be a shareholder of Ooredoo Maldives or be nominated by a legal entity that is a shareholder of Ooredoo Maldives
- Possess qualifications and competencies specified in the Companies Act and the Corporate Governance Code, issued by Maldives' Capital Market Development Authority (CMDA), including the criteria designated within for an Independent Director
- Fulfill CMDA's “Fit and Proper” Guidelines for Directors of Listed Companies
- Hold a Degree from an internationally recognized university
- Possess at least 10 years of experience in a senior position within the public or private sector in Maldives or internationally
- Must have served as a board director of at least one active company and demonstrate a record of contribution to the Board of Directors of that particular company
- Must not currently serve as a director of more than two companies listed on the Maldives Stock Exchange.