The members-only travel resource Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI) conferred The Nautilus Maldives resorts with its 'World's Best New Luxury Hotel' award for 2019.
According to LTI, a panel of 12 expert researchers were tasked with analysing and determining the recipients of the award out of the 35 new luxury hotels it visited during the year.
"We thoroughly research every property, on our own dollar, as we are passionate about what we do – bringing truth to luxury travel.", said LTI.
15. 'The Oberoi', Marrakech, Morocco
14. 'Aman', Kyoto, Japan
13. 'Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi', Kaafu Atoll, Maldives
12. 'Stock Exchange Hotel', Manchester, United Kingdom
11. 'The Newt', Somerset, United Kingdom
10. 'Hotel Château du Grand-Lucé', Loire Valley, France
9. 'Belmond Cadogan', London, United Kingdom
8. 'The St. Regis Venice', Venice, Italy
7. 'Mandarin Oriental Jumeira', Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6. 'The Lodge at Blue Sky', Utah, United States of America
5. 'Rosewood Hong Kong', Hong Kong
4. 'InterContinental' Maldives Maamunagau, Raa Atoll, Maldives
3. 'Singita Kwitonda Lodge', Ruhengeri, Rwanda
2. 'Grantley Hall', Yorkshire, United Kingdom
1. 'The Nautilus Maldives', Baa Atoll, Maldives
Maldives is the only South Asian country to be featured in the prestigious listing.
"The team at LTI is totally submerged in every aspect of luxury travel every day, yet even we are continually surprised and occasionally speechless at the level of excellence we find at particular properties", said LTI Founder Michael Crompton.