Holiday Inn Resorts, on Sunday, launched its 'Little Big Hotelier' programme.
The initiative functions as an edutainment experience bringing "learning through role-play to life". The programme is available through its resort properties across Thailand, Maldives, Indonesia and Malaysia.
To help little travellers aged four to 12-year-olds gain real-world experience during their stay, 'Little Big Hotelier' offers kids the opportunity to see the inner workings of the resort.
Kids can also take up roles in key departments and learn new skills, while having fun with other children under the guidance of the Holiday Inn Hotelier crew and their supportive parents.
“The Little Big Hotelier programme helps empower children to embrace the world as their classroom. From restaurants to housekeeping, recreation to gardening. A resort is the perfect environment for children to gain invaluable skills, be it effective communication, interaction with others, basic culinary and recreation skills", said Head of Operations Thailand, Indonesia and Resorts, Shantha de Silva.
To take part in the Programme at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, parents are encouraged to register their children at the resort's 'Kandoo Kids Club'.
- Check-in procedure at reception
- Understanding the role of the Concierge and Porter
- Coordinating activities at the Kids Club
- Leading swimming and snorkelling lessons at the Water Sports Center
- Cooking up a feast with the Culinary Team
- Creating the perfect bedroom setting with Housekeeping
- How maintenance of a resort is conducted with Engineering
- Preserving the fragile ecosystem with the Marine Biologist