Yoosuf Azyan Farhath and Aishath Aima were awarded the title of Cricketer of the Year 2018, for Men's and Women's respectively, on Saturday.
President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih conferred the award to the two cricketers during the Annual Cricket Night ceremony held in Ghiyasuddin School on late Saturday, by Cricket Board of Maldives (CBM)
The winner of Best Batsman title in 2017 and 2018, Azyan, aged 18, played for the Greenvale Kangaroos in the Australian Premier League and trained with the Melbourne Renegades in Australia’s Big Bash last year.
The very first winner of the Best Female Cricketer, Aima was a talent developed by the Youth Development Program (YDP), which was introduced two years ago in Fuvahmulah City.
Moreover, Aima was the recipient of the Best Baller in both 2017 and 2018 as well. Aima's team Fuvahmulah's C.B.L Sports came second in the recent T20 cricket series.
The former cricket player Farhath Jaleel’s son Azyan, showcased great prowess in two tournaments of the T20 series.
- Men’s Most Promising Player – Adam Nasif Umar – C.B.L. Sports
- Women’s Best Batsman – Sumiya Hameed – Kunahandhoo, Laamu Atoll
- Women’s Most Promising Player – Aishath Hamza – Villimale, Kaafu Atoll
Men’s Best Bowler – Mohamed Mahfooz – Malé Sports Club
- Boys School Cricketer of the Year – Razeen Imran – Ahmadhiyya International School
- Girls School Cricketer of the Year – Aishath Aima – Gn. Atoll Education Centre
The Best Club of 2018 was awarded to C.B.L Sports.