The Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is now accepting expressions of interest (EOI) from parties interested in operating and maintaining the vertical parking systems in Hulhumalé.
The HDC publicised the announcement on Sunday, seeking potential parties to operate six of its vertical parking mechanisms in various locations around Hulhumalé.
- Location 1 (Nirkolhu Parking 1): East side Rowhouse “Mashi” – 36 slots
- Location 2 (Nirolhu Parking 2): East side of Flat 02 – 26 slots
- Location 4 (Kaneeru Parking): West side of Rowhouse “Sandura” – 26 slots
- Location 7 (Boagan Villa Parking 1A): West side of Ghaazee School – 26 slots
- Location 7 (Boagan Villa Parking 1B): West side of Ghaazee School – 26 slots
- Location 9 (Boagan Villa Parking 2): East side of Dhiraagu tree park
According to the HDC, a total of 166 cars can be parked in the six vertical parking systems.
The information session about the project is scheduled for Tuesday, March 21, and inquiries can be made before 2:00 p.m. on March 23. They can be made in writing or by sending an email to [email protected]
HDC said it will respond to inquiries from interested proponents on March 27 by uploading the responses to HDC’s corporate website and MyHulhumalé properties website.
Interested parties must submit their proposals by April 3 between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. at HDC’s Exhibition Center. The proposal opening is scheduled for the same date at 2:00 p.m.
The vertical parking systems were installed during the previous administration. They have not been operational for some time, leaving them corroded and deteriorated.
HDC began repairing the systems in 2022, after public criticism.