Elections Commission (EC) on Saturday, September 23, announced the decision to install 12 additional ballot boxes for the presidential election's runoff polls on September 30.
EC's statement said that it decided to install the additional ballot boxes in light of the increased number of re-registered voters.
- Three additional ballot boxes for Malé citizens
- One additional box each for locals of Haa Alifu, Shaviyani and Laamu atolls residing in Malé City
- One additional box in Vilimalé for locals of other islands
- Four additional boxes in Hulhumalé for locals of other islands
- One additional box at Trivandrum for the Maldivian community residing in India
With the 12 additional boxes, the total number of ballot boxes for the runoff polls has increased to 586.
EC earlier announced receipt of 50,047 re-registration applications in total for the second round of elections.
After the re-registration for the runoff polls concluded, EC opened a complaints period on Saturday for voters to submit grievances regarding the voters registry which closed at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 24.