President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih appointed eight new Deputy Ministers, on Sunday.
1. Asad Riza - Deputy Minister of Tourism. Asad has a Master's in Hospitality and Tourism and numerous years of experience in tourism
2. Fathimath Shaheedha - Deputy Minister of Communication, Science and Technology. Shaheedha has achieved a Bachelor of Information Technology.
3. Abdulla Anees - Minister of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment.
4. Ahmed Ziyaan Abdul Rahmaan - Deputy Minister of Environment. Ziyaan has achieved a National Diploma in Hotel, Catering and Institutional Operations.
5. Ahmed Ibrahim - Deputy Minister of Youth, Sports and Community Empowerment. Ahmed previously served as the Executive Coordinator for Ministry of Youth and Sports and a member of the National Sports Council.
6. Waleedha Waleedh - Deputy Minister of Arts, Culture and Heritage. Waleedha is a large contributor to the Maldivian entertainment industry.
7. Nishama Mohamed - Deputy Minister of Health: Nishama has served in the Maldivian health sector.
8. Ali Samin - Deputy Minister of Housing and Urban Development. Samin has attained a Bachelor of Arts.
The recently elected administration has sworn in 49 Deputy Ministers. Deputy Ministers are paid a monthly salary of MVR 35,500, comprising MVR 20,500 as basic salary and MVR 15,000 as allowance.