President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, on Sunday, appointed five members to the Tax Appeal Tribunal.
The members are:
1. Mohamed Munavvar Ali of Westbeach, Mathiveri, Alif Alif Atoll
2. Fathimath Minhath Izzath of G. Gofi, Male’ City
3. Hussain Zaidhaan of M. Faamdheyrige, Male’ City
4. Ismail Sahidh of Ma. Milaarodhi, Male’ City
5. Ahmed Ashraf, Reg. No 7883
Following a secret ballot among the appointees, it was determined that Munavvar would serve as President, whilst Minhath would be Vice President of the Tribunal.
Given that the tenure of the previous members appointed to the panel was set to expire on November 29, applications for interested parties to contest were opened in October.
Prior to their appointment, the nominations were first approved by representatives at the Parliament.
Of the five newly determined members, three are embarking on their first tenure at the Tribunal. Furthermore, their five-year term is set to expire in 2025.