Attorney General's (AG) Office on Wednesday, announced that 32 policy reform bills and 24 new policies will be submitted to Parliament during the first session of 2020.
According to AG Office, 10 out of the 54 bills have already been sent to the parliament. Parliamentarians have begun preliminary debates on some of the bills submitted.
1. Mental Health Bill
2. Police Bill
3. Amendments to the Environment Protection and Preservation Act
4. Amendments to the Import-Export Act
5. Amendments to the Penal Code
6. Amendments to the Decentralisation of the Administration Divisions of the Maldives Act
7. Amendments to the Employment Act
8. Amendments to the Immigration Act
9. Insurance Bill
10. Statistics Act
In addition, AG Office will also submit bills proposing amendments to the Income Tax Act, Drug Act, Anti-Human Trafficking Act and Maldives Media Commission Act during this session of the parliament.