Maldives Ports Limited (MPL) has launched a community fund of MVR 600,000 for social activities and community support.
After launching the Port Community Fund at a ceremony held to mark the company's 36th anniversary last night, MPL said the fund was established to provide sponsorships and financial assistance to support social activities.
“The Port Community Fund is a program to improve the living conditions of those in need within the community and to build a satisfactory comfortable environment,” MPL said in a video report at the ceremony held at Henveiru Stadium.
Under the fund, the company has allocated MVR 600,000 annually for various social causes, which falls into two categories.
The first category includes short term projects of less than three months. A total of eight projects will be selected from this category, and will be granted MVR 50,000 each. The second category is for projects that have a duration of less than 12 months. Two projects will be selected under this category and will receive MVR 100,000 each.
The Port Community Fund is open to community-based and civic organizations, charities and clubs.
MPL said projects will be evaluated based on the financial plan and sustainability of the project, which totals to 80 percent marks. The remaining 20 percent is awarded for the proposal and its innovation.
Application to the MPL Community Fund can be made through the company's website. Application deadlines and proposal submission dates will be announced by the organization at a later date.