Former CEO of Maldives Pension Administration Office (MPAO) Mohamed Hussain Manik was appointed as the CEO of Capital Market Development Authority (CMDA) on Thursday.
President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih filled CMDA's CEO position, under the Securities Act, after it had remained vacant for over a year since the resignation of former CEO Naadiya Hassan.
Hussain Manik had filled the position of MPAO's CEO since the office was established till he left the post in December 2019. He had also served as the Maldivian Ambassador to the United States as well as filled several senior positions in former Department of Finance and current Ministry of Finance.
Just prior to Hussain Manik's appointment, President Solih on Monday, appointed former Deputy Governor of Maldives Monetary Authority (MMA) Zahira Hassan as CMDA's Chairperson.
CMDA's board is now arranged as follows:
- Chairperson: Aishath Zahira
- Chief Executive Officer: Mohamed Hussain Manik
- Senior Executive Director, Maldives Monetary Authority: Aishath Naadiya
- Senior Executive Director, Secretary General/ Privatization and Corporatization Board, Finance Ministry: Ahmed Siraj
- Registrar of Companies: Mariyam Wisam
- Private Sector representative: Fathimath Shafneez
- Private Sector representative: Rifaa'ath Jaleel