Bank of Maldives (BML) chose five projects out of the proposals received during the third quarter for their 'Aharenge Bank Community Fund' programme, which aims to provide financial aid in completing projects presented by the community.
The five projects selected for the third quarter are;
- A fish cleaning station in the harbour area of Holhudhoo, Noonu Atoll, submitted by My Choice is Football
- Developing a children's park in Kulhudhuffushi, Haa Dhaalu Atoll, submitted by Zig Zag for Youth Linkage
- Creating a recreational park on the beach of Hulhudhuffaaru, Raa Atoll, submitted by Ahmed Rasheed
- Making a sheltered waiting area for students and parents in front of the school in Kelaa, Haa Alif Atoll submitted by Ideas
- Designating a picnic area at the beach of Kandoodhoo, Thaa Atoll
"One of the bank's biggest aims is to help the society with the profit it generates. Due to the community fund project, we can provide financial aid to various projects taking place all over Maldives for the betterment of society", said BML's Public Relations Manager Mohamed Saeed.
"We have now helped conduct projects on ten islands", he added.
'Aharenge Bank Community Fund' was launched under the 'Aharenge Bank' programme which targets to enrich communal relationships. Under this programme, BML gifted 60 motorised wheelchairs to persons with disabilities within this year.