Addu City Council announced issuing 500 land plots from Hithadhoo on Wednesday, January 25.
The city council announced at 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday that interested parties can apply for the 1,500 square feet plots, until February 23.
Addu City Mayor Ali Nizar said this marks the first time in 22 years that the island’s lands will be issued.
The council said that lands will be issued under two categories; the first category consisting of 90 percent of the lands which will be issued to Hithadhoo residents and the remaining 10 percent will be issued to residents of other Addu City islands.
Earlier on Tuesday, of the same week, the council had announced issuing 500 residential lands from three other Addu City islands. The council announced issuing 300 plots measuring 1,500 square feet from Feydhoo, 100 plots measuring 2,000 square feet from Hulhudhoo as well as Meedhoo.