The state has received MVR 148 million in profits from State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) so far this year, according to the Ministry of Finance.
The weekly statistics published by the ministry indicate that MVR 1.1 billion is expected to be received as dividends from companies this year. Only 13 percent of it has been received so far. The remaining 87 percent is yet to be received.
Last year, SOEs earnings were expected to reach MVR 1 billion but only reached MVR 640 million at the end of the year. That is 60 percent of the estimated figure.
This year, the Maldives Airports Company Ltd. (MACL) is expected to get the most dividends. The company is expected to receive a dividend of MVR 537 million. The second largest amount is expected to be brought in by Dhiraagu. The company is expected to receive MVR 250 million in dividends. The third largest dividend payer, Maldives Water and Sewerage Company (MWSC), is expected to bring in MVR 100 million in dividends.