Bank of Maldives (BML) has selected 10 projects that will receive financial support in the second phase of BML's Community Fund.
BML has extended the opportunity to all registered NGOs in the country to submit proposals for the fund. The selected 10 projects will receive financial assistance of up to MVR 50,000 each under this program.
- Reading Room to run a literacy programme at Hulhumalé Fiyavathi (orphanage)
- Association of Lady Entrepreneurs to run a Women's programme in Haa Alif atoll Thakandhoo, Alif Alif atoll Ukulhas and Vaavu atoll Fulidhoo
- Thulhaadhoo Sports Club to set up a sound system on the island
- Nolhivaranfaru Youth Development to establish an outdoor beach shower area on the island
- Feena Academy to run a community program in Haa Dhaal atoll Dhihdhoo
- Construction of an outdoor reading park at Shaviyani Atoll Maroshi School by Naadhil Mutahiddin
- Cousins Unity Towards Empowerment to build an outdoor reading park at Raa Atoll Angolhitheemu School
- Vincere Football Training Program to be conducted by Vincere Sports and Recreation in Guraidhoo
- Installation of Smart School Systems by Maldives Community Empowerment Network in Laamu atoll Gan
- Haa Alif atoll Ihavandhoo Fishermen's Association to establish an outdoor reading park at the island's school
The Community Fund is an empowerment program to support associations and communities through sustainable projects. The fund has so far provided financial assistance to 100 projects across the country.